I'm relatively new to the public speaking scene but I quite enjoy it. I've had the opportunity to host small workshops as well as present talks at conferences with up to 1,000 people.
It still feels intimidating walking out in front of a crowd. You know, that "I might puke, might pee... ok, I still need to pee" feeling.
I recently did a talk at Net Prophet. The title of the talk was 'Own It', taken from owning both the good and the bad moments.
Other talks I've presented include:
- Benefits of a business website - Absa Business forum (March 2009)
- Introduction to Social Media for business - hosted at Office Reliance (February 2012)
- Launching an Incubator through sheer will - Tech4Africa (October 2013)
- 3min power talk - Net Prophet (May 2013)
- Survival - The art of being a successful failure - Tech4Africa (October 2015)